Breakfast is delicious in and around HighRoad Hostel. Here is info about our own basic free breakfast as well as nearby cafes and bakeries.
Free Breakfast At our Hostel
A basic free breakfast is served each day from 6:30am - 10:00am.
The free breakfast includes three cereals, milk, juices, toast, butter & jelly, oatmeal, and strong coffee and tea.
Grab breakfast from our kitchen area, and then take it to eat anywhere on the lobby level of the hostel or even take it outside outside on the stoops, the terrace, the Adirondack chairs or in the hammock!
Breakfast Places Within One Block of the Hostel
Our location is filled with delicious Our team onsite can tell you where to find delicious cafes all within only one block from the hostel that offer other items such as espresso, hot breakfast items, gluten free baked goods, or a killer bagel sandwich.
- Grocery Foods: Walk 200 feet to the corner market “Metro K” at the top of the street at Belmont & Columbia for other food items. (That’s about 60 seconds away by walking).
- Gluten-free items: Walk 20 seconds to DC’s first gluten-free bakery “Rise Bakery” for fresh gluten-free baked goods (across 18th street)
- Fancy Coffee / Espresso Drinks:
- Best local espresso drinks: Tryst (on 18th street, 400 ft away 2 mins walking)
- Secret local coffeeshop: Sweet Science Coffee (on Columbia Rd ½ block from the corner. Near the #42 bus stop. 1-2 min walking
- Familiar coffee: Starbucks (on 18th street, 500 ft away at the corner of 18th and Columbia Rd. 4 min walking)
- Bagel & Egg Sandwiches: Bagels and Sandwiches and Bagel Sandwiches at Brooklyn-style deli called “So’s Your Mom” (on Columbia Rd ½ block from the corner. Near the #42 bus stop. 2 min walking. Cash Only)