Hostel Rules and Policies:
- Local Resident Rule: Residents of DC, MD, and VA residents from within 90 Miles of the hostel are not permitted to stay. Any arriving guests with an ID from DC, MD, or VA from within 90 miles of the hostel will not be allowed to check-in. The Hostel is for travelers from outside the area only.
- Deposit Policy: (a) The cost of the 1st night + tax will be charged to the credit card prior to arrival in order to guarantee the reservation (b) The deposit is refundable according to the Property Cancellation Policy listed below.
Property Cancellation Policy: (a) No cancellation fee if cancel by 4pm one (1) day prior to arrival. (b) Cancellations after 4pm one (1) day prior to arrival, or no-shows, will be charged the first night's rate plus tax.
Check-In Requirements: At Check-In, the following is required:
- A valid Government-issued ID.
- Payment is required for the reservation or stay. Cash or Credit Card can be used!
- A valid Credit Card is required at check-in for incidentals even if a guest will pay in cash for their stay. $100 in cash can be used in lieu of a credit card.
- Total Number of Nights: The maximum total length of stay for any individual guest is 14 days in a twelve-month period unless a longer stay is pre-approved by management according to strict criteria.
- Local Tax: Prices shown do not include the local DC hotel tax of 14.5% unless otherwise noted on your reservation or receipt.
- Age Limit: All guests must be 18 years of age, unless pre-approved by management and with a chaperone. For Group reservations made directly with the hostel and not through a third-party website, this age limit can be lowered as long as the group reservation is made directly with us. For Group reservations, see our groups page here.
- Curfew: Reception is on duty 24 hours!!! There is no curfew. However, if you come late at night, please be respectful to other guests that may be sleeping.
- Drugs and Alcohol: The entire hostel is smoke-free and drug-free. As long as you are over 21, alcohol is allowed on the 1st Floor Common space areas!
- Check-Out Time: Check out time is 11AM. Please check out of the room by 11AM to avoid a late fee of an additional night. Please also bring the following to the Front Desk:
- Padlock [if you borrowed from us!]
- Quiet Hours: Quiet hours are from 12AM - 8AM in both rooms and lobby. Reception reserves the right to move quiet hours earlier if need be.
- Non-Hostel Visitors: Non-registered guests are not permitted in guest rooms however can hang out with a guest until 11PM.
- Food: Food is not permitted in guest rooms and is required to be stored in our kitchen area and consumed in the kitchen or anywhere in the lobby. Just no food in the rooms please.
- Dorm Bed Rules: You may not exceed a room’s maximum occupancy. Single dorm beds are reserved for one person only. Queen beds are for two people max only. Failure to comply with this rule will result in the charge of an extra night. When specified, dorm rooms are single gender only in order to maintain the hostel's security and privacy.
- Sleeping bags: Sleeping bags are not allowed in the rooms. The hostel will store them for you until check-out.
- Lost Items and Damages: The Hostel reserves the right to charge any damages to the property and any unpaid portion of the bill to the credit card used to secure the booking. The hostel is not liable for lost, stolen, or damaged property. But, our team members will work with you to find anything you may have misplaced.
- Animals and Pets: Trained and certified official service animals are allowed in the hostel. Pets are not allowed in the hostel. No ESA, companion animals or pets are allowed. Only trained and certified service animals are allowed in the hostel.
- Group Reservations: For reservations or group reservations, a non-refundable deposit may be charged and will be written in the group reservation terms and conditions.
- Storage: Lockable storage boxes are provided in the room. Guests can also borrow padlocks. Please note if you lose any part of the padlock, it is a $5 charge.
- Photos: Occasionally, the staff takes photos! You are not entitled to any compensation should you appear in a photo that is later displayed by the hostel.
- Clean Up Costs: A clean up fee for any extra labor or damage to the hostel incurred as a reuslt of incidents caused by a guest will be assessed and charged as applicable to that guest or guest in his or her party who paid for the reservation originally. In most cases, this fee will be between $50 - $200 but the exact amount depends on the extent of the damage or clean up required by the hostel staff.
For the good of all guests in the hostel, Management requires all guests to abide by the House Rules during their Stay. If a guest participates in disorderly behavior or fails to comply with the above rules will be asked to leave at the guest's expense and/or penalty charges. Management also reserves the right to deny entry or refuse services to anyone.