- Ten Forward Happy Hour: Every Friday, the Black Cat screens one episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, starting from the beginning of the series. This week is Man of the People, with delicious drink specials. 7PM. Black Cat, 1811 14th Street NW. http://www.blackcatdc.com/shows/tng.html
- Vent! An Interactive Happy Hour and Comedy Show: DC’s only interactive comedy happy hour, where your personal struggles are made public. The rest of the world may not care about your meaningless problems, but we do. Hosted by amateur therapists and professional ranters Stephen Nicks and Max Rosenblum. 5:30.1100 13th St NW. Free http://drafthousecomedy.com/event.cfm?id=476825&cart
- Dupont Graffiti Party: Party like Banksy at Dupont's Graffiti Night and get 30 Minutes of free studio time to paint the wall. The lounge will be open for liquid inspiration and we'll be playing jamming tunes. Afterwards, purchase studio time and canvas and let your vision come to life off the wall. 6:30. 1728 Connecticut Ave. $8 donation suggested https://app.getoccasion.com/p/n/a1hs4sic
- Stand Up Comedy Capital Laughs' monthly local showcase will feature Randolph Terrance, Ryan Neser, Katherine Jessup, and Matty Litwack. Tickets are $8 each or two for $12, but because Capital Laughs loves DCist readers, you can use promo code "dcist" for two tickets for $8. Hurry up and find a plus one, because there's no excuse for showing up solo. 8. Town Tavern 2323 18th St. $8. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/capital-laughs-presents-dc-stand-up-comedy-tickets-30905556351?ref=ebtn
- Drake v. Kanye: A tribute/dance party. No mash-ups, all originals. $15. 9PM. 1811 14th Street NW.
- BYT and The Hirshhorn Present: Your last chance to party at the Ragnar Kjartansson exhibition at the Hirshhorn Museum. Featuring open Vodka bar, food, and live music performances, and more. Tickets and more info: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/byt-and-the-hirshhorn-present-ragnarock-a-hirshhorn-late-night-tickets-29582901254
- Great American Square Dancing: If joining hands with fellow humans feels like a good way to start your 2017 -- or if you just want to stomp your feet and swing your partner -- come dance the night away on January 7! Local Virginia boys Jake and the Burtones will be playing the tunes, and Old Man Kelly from Blacksburg will be calling the moves. It's sure to chase away the chills on a cold winter night! 8pm. 1525 Newton St. $5 https://www.facebook.com/events/1828277124127617/
- This Week in Music Brunch: Join Songbyrd’s Sunday music show, where you'll catch up on everything you missed and more. Goes well with our special Songbyrd brunch and mimosas. Free admission. 12PM-2PM. Songbyrd, 2477 18th Street NW.
- BREW A NEW YEAR: It might be a little cliche to post about a health fair at the beginning of the new year, but c'mon—health is really important! Plus, life is all about balance, so there is no better way to balance out your pilates lessons, nutrition coaching, and brussels sprout snacking than with a couple of brews. Brew A New Year, a wellness fair hosted by Denizens Brewing Co, will feature all of the above, plus acupuncture, massages, happy hour pricing on special snacks, and a raffle where proceeds will be donated to Girls on the Run of Montgomery County. (Denizens Brewing Co, 10:30-3:00 p.m. free entry, but the 10:30 a.m. yoga class is $15)
- Singin in the Rain Screening: Come by Songbyrd Record Cafe for a screening of Debbie Reynolds’ most famous musical, in her honor. FREE. 8PM. Songbyrd, 2477 18th Street NW. http://www.songbyrddc.com/shows/2017-1-09-singin-in-the-rain
- Poetry at Dawn: The Big Bear Anthology presents Poetry at Dawn. A space to read personal writings, inspirational pieces, and prompt some early creativity. Big Bear will supply attendees with free hot tea and cozy vibes. 7 am. 1700 1st St. Free.
- StorySLAM: Prepare a five-minute story about travel. Speak of adventures in a different time zone (or at least a different zip code!). Tell us about language barriers and the hunger, fear, lust or delight that compelled you to make the leap. Exchange rates, exotic flavors, culture shock and more. 7:30. $10. 620 T St NW http://thehowardtheatre.com/show/2017/01/09/the-dc-moth-storyslam-voyage/
- Politics and Pints Political Trivia Night: Hosted by the Fix’s Chris Cillizza, teams may have no more than six players, no electronic devices or cheating! Space is limited. Signup starts at 6:30 pm. $1 off drinks, half-off pizzas. @ Capitol Lounge
- Underground Comedy at The Big Hunt: Underground Comedy presents DC's best stand-up comics at The Big Hunt every Wednesday through Saturday.
- Drink & Ink at Big Chief: Drink, Learn, Design, Print and Play! First 40 tickets sold gets a free beer. Space is limited. 6pm to 9pm @ Big Chief
- Peace Thursdays: Come Early and Stay Late! Each and Every Thursdays at Peace Lounge. 7pm to 10pm @ Peace Lounge